These ginger biscuits dipped in dark chocolate are a recent discovery, and will now become a go-to bake of mine…scrummy!
100g caster sugar
150g soft light brown sugar
150ml vegetable or sunflower oil
80g black treacle
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
220g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
Soft light brown sugar (for rolling)
525g dark chocolate, melted
4. Then roll in soft light brown sugar and add to the baking tray.
5. Bake for 8 minutes or until you can see the surface of the biscuits begin to crack. They may look a little under-done, but have faith, they’ll harden up once out of the oven and be such lovely gooey treats.
6. Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack.
7. Once cooled, dip one half of the biscuit into your melted dark chocolate and leave to cool again.
8. Then enjoy with a nice cup of tea!